- Canada is home to millions of cars because of its vast landmass.
- However, the topic of car theft is growing quite aggressively over the years.
- See the most commonly stolen cars in Canada.
This video captures the 10 most stolen cars in Canada. Car theft is becoming a serious problem in the country as the number of cases is increasing exponentially every year. SUVs and pickup trucks are the most popular cars targeted by criminals because of their high demand in the country and around the world. These cars are often sold on the international market. Let’s take a detailed look at the most frequently stolen cars in Canada.
You may also like: EXPLANATION – The real cost of owning a car in Canada
You may also like: A Look into the Life of an Indian Truck Driver in Canada – Income and Lifestyle
Most stolen cars in Canada
- Honda CR-V – The CR-V is on the list of the most stolen vehicles. The most affected models are from 2016 to 2021. This remains at the top for the second year in a row. Interestingly, of the 236,555 insured CR-Vs, 4,117 were stolen. That’s about 1.7%.
- Lexus RX series – Next on the list are the 2016-2021 Lexus RX series models. The SUV is quite popular among car lifters. As many as 2,202 of these SUVs were stolen in 2021. Surprisingly, over 6.4% of the 34,560 RXs on the road have been stolen.
You may also like: Here are the 5 best-selling cars in Canada in 2022
- Ford F-150 – Needless to say, the most popular pickup truck in North America is also on this list. In 2021, 1,182 F-150s were reported stolen in Canada, representing approximately 0.4% of all insured F-150 trucks. Because these trucks are so practical and popular, the used car market is still in high demand.
- Honda Civic – The Civic has been the Japanese automaker’s iconic sedan for decades. Therefore, it shouldn’t even come as a surprise to anyone that it’s on this list. In 2021, 768 Civics were stolen, including 2016-2021 models. This represents about 0.3% of all Civic sedans insured in Canada.
You may also like: Car insurance in Canada to make it more expensive. Here’s how to minimize its impact
- Toyota Highlander – Next on this undesirable list is the SUV Toyota Highlander. The models in question range from 2013 to 2019. There were a total of 748 Highlander SUVs stolen last year. That’s about 1.2% of all insured Highlanders.
Apart from these, the list includes products like RAM 1500, Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra, Honda Accord, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Toyota RAV4. As these names suggest, SUVs and pickups are under the radar of these car thieves. Be sure to take all necessary precautions, especially if you own one of these vehicles.
You may also like: How to get cheap car insurance in Canada
Disclaimer- Embedded videos/external content is/are used for convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or approval by Car Blog India of the products, services and/or opinions of any company, organization or individual. Car Blog India is not responsible or liable for the accuracy, legality and/or content of any external site. about external videos/external content follows. For answers to questions about this content, please contact the external publisher.
Join our official Telegram channel for latest updates and follow us on Google News here.