Police Log Nov 30: Statutory Rapes, Thefts, DUIs – Chadds Ford Live | Rare Techy
Pennsylvania State Police
• Police are investigating a report of statutory rape involving a 23-year-old woman with Down syndrome in Pocopson Township. According to the report, the driver of the service, which is used to transport people to and from work, sent the victim vulgar and sexual text messages.
• John. C. Kubek, 52, of West Chester, was charged with driving under the influence after a Nov. 19 single-car crash in Pocopson Township, according to a state police report. The accident happened on Lenape Road near Deblyn V Lane. Police say Kubek was traveling south on Lenape when the VW he was driving went off the road and hit four traffic signs. He then fled the scene, police said. He was later found with signs of physical injury and small head wounds. He was taken to Paoli Hospital for treatment and a blood draw, the report said.
• Police are investigating the Nov. 28 theft of $276 worth of merchandise from a Walmart in East Marlborough Township. According to the report, the man was waiting in the parking lot in a black Ford Taurus when the woman’s accomplice pushed past security with the goods and fled in the Taurus.
• State police from the Avondale barracks are investigating the theft of two vials of methadone on W. Street Road in Pocopson Township. Details of the incident have not been released, other than that police received a call at 8:20 a.m. on Nov. 28.
• A 52-year-old man is charged with arrest and warrant following a Nov. 26 traffic stop in Kennett Township. According to the report, police made the stop after witnessing several traffic violations. The driver, who is not identified in the report, began a field sobriety test but then refused to continue. When told he was under arrest, the man became verbally and physically abusive.
• Police said they arrested a 24-year-old West Chester man for DUI on Nov. 24 near N. Union Street in East Marlborough Township.
• An unidentified man, 29, was arrested for DUI after a traffic stop on Kennett Pike near Raintree Road in Pennsbury Township at 1:05 a.m. Nov. 25. The police made the stop after observing traffic violations. According to the report, after the stop, troopers could smell alcohol coming from the vehicle and the suspect’s breath. An external field sobriety test showed impairment.
• Police say they have arrested a 20-year-old Philadelphia man on drug possession charges. The arrest occurred shortly after 1 a.m. Nov. 22 in Kennett Township. According to police, the suspect, who was not named in the report, was stopped for traffic violations on Route 1 at N. Walnut Road. As a result of the investigation, the man was arrested for intoxication and possession of a controlled substance.
• Two women, who were not identified in the report, were charged with shoplifting at a Walmart in East Marlborough Township on Nov. 21 just before 4:30 p.m., a police report said. No other details were released.
• Daniel Osborne, 41, of Avondale, was arrested on a charge of shoplifting after a Nov. 23 incident at a Walmart in East Marlborough Township, according to a police report. Police say the suspect was seen hiding the items and walking past the last point of sale.
• A 51-year-old Downingtown woman, who was not identified in the report, was arrested Nov. 23 in East Marlborough Township for DUI, police said. According to the report, police conducted a traffic stop for moving violations and detected the odor of alcohol. from the car after making contact with the driver, who admitted to having consumed alcohol earlier in the evening.
• A 14-year-old girl was arrested Nov. 22 for shoplifting at a Walmart in East Marlborough Township. Police said the teenager hid two items valued at $9.90 and attempted to leave the store without paying.
Kennett Square Police Station
Jesus Romero-Zamudio, 29, of Kennett Square, was arrested and charged with DUI and related traffic violations after officers were dispatched to search for a man in a gray sedan who appeared to be disoriented, police said. Officers patrolled the area and located a gray Toyota parked the wrong way and partially off the road in the grass. The incident occurred on Nov. 16 at approximately 8:05 p.m. in the 700 block of Lafayette Street. Officers contacted Romero-Zamudio at his residence and observed signs of intoxication, the report said. He was taken into custody on suspicion of DUI and subjected to a chemical breath test, which resulted in a blood alcohol content of 0.202 percent.
About CFLive staff
Check out the Contributors page https://chaddsfordlive.com/writers/