SBI Plans to Issue Rs 10,000 Crore Infrastructure Bonds in 2022-23 | Rare Techy
State Bank of India plans to raise 10,000 million dollars worthy infrastructure provisions in the current financial year. SBI confirmed the meeting of SBI Executive Committee Central Board of State Bank of India for approval to raise infrastructure bonds up to Rs 10,000 crore through public issues or private placement.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance and other exams
SBI plans to issue Rs 10,000 crore Infrastructure Bonds in 2022-23 – Highlights
- Planned insurance value 10,000 million dollars includes a green belt option of Rs 5,000 crore.
- Infrastructure links are likely to be 10 years of service according to plans.
- Infrastructure bonds usually have an edge in such a scenario because the money raised by issuing these bonds will be available during the tenure of a money reserve ratio (CRR).
- With these, the bank will have more funds to lend.
- According to RBI norms, long-term bonds with a duration of at least seven years increase the resources for borrowing long-term projects in the infrastructure sub-sectors.
On State Bank of India
State Bank of India is or An Indian multinational public sector bank and financial services law firm headquartered in Mumbai. SBI is the 49th largest bank in the world by total assets and is ranked 221st in the Fortune Global 500 list. Only Indian Bank is on the list. The bank was founded on July 1, 1955.
Find More Banking Related News